King Ice Scholarship
King Ice is proud to announce our scholarship program for U.S. students. The founders of King Ice, Cuong Diep and Derek Belay, understand the importance of a quality education and therefore want to alleviate the financial burden for students with a $500 scholarship to be paid toward their tuition. All U.S. students are encouraged to apply.
- Must be enrolled at an accredited university during the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Must be 18 years old.
Who Can Apply
The scholarship is open to all undergraduate and graduate students in the United States regardless of major.
In 2011, Reuters valued the streetwear market at $60 billion dollars; fast forward to 2015, the industry rocketed to a little over $290 billion dollars in value. As the industry grows, brands follow suit, changing tactics, marketing strategies and even moving from brick-and-mortar stores to E-commerce fronts and vice versa.
As a leading streetwear brand, analyze and evaluate what will King Ice need to do to remain competitive? Evaluate our website, critique our products, judge our pricing and take a look at our competitors to determine what aspects King Ice needs to improve upon and change for our brand to remain relevant, but more importantly dominant, the 18-35 age target audience.
When submitting your essay, please adhere to the following. Anyone who fails to meet these basic instructions will be automatically disqualified:
- 500-750 words
- Include your name and email in the top, left hand corner.
- Include an original title (Here’s your chance to be creative, even funny).
- Double space or 1.5 spacing
- Save your essay in the following format: “KI_Essay_LastName_FirstName”
How Your Essay Will Be Evaluated
- Analytical: Essays present arguments that create sound, relevant points in a logical, well-planned out format.
- Arguments: Essays use arguments that provide depth, while using logic to form clear, structured points.
- Organizational: Essays are logical, well-structured sentences and paragraphs that help guide readers from point to point.
- Creativity: Essays demonstrate creative, original thoughts and arguments that provide fresh perspectives.
- Grammar and Sentence Structure: Essays remain free from major grammatical errors, including run-on sentences, pronoun-antecedent agreements, fragments, coma splices, subject-verb agreements, capitalization issues, word choice, spelling and punctuation mistakes.
- Honesty: Give us your honest opinion. Tell us what you like about the brand; tell us what you don’t like about our brand. What we want is honesty, not an essay that tells us everything we do well.
- Essay must be submitted by 3/31/17.
- A winner will be selected by 4/15/17.
- $500 award will be issued directly towards the student’s school.
- All submitted essays become property of Zenga, Inc. DBA King Ice.
To apply please fill out the form below and attach your essay.
About King Ice
King Ice, an online hip hop jewelry company, offers exclusive chains, earrings, pendants, watches, bracelets, rings, and accessories. King Ice jewelry has been featured in music videos by internationally recognized recording artists like Snoop Dogg, The Game, Chris Brown, and Katy Perry. King Ice jewelry is currently available at Zumiez, Tilly's, Jimmy Jazz, and Karmaloop. Stay connected by following King Ice on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.